ePASS Karnataka, an acronym for “Electronic Payment and Application System of Scholarships,” represents a forward-looking approach to offering scholarships and financial support to students in Karnataka. The program aims to facilitate access to education for students of all backgrounds and walks of life.
In this article, we will explore ePASS Karnataka, its objectives, eligibility criteria, application process, and the substantial impact it has had on the lives of students in Karnataka.
Objectives of ePASS Karnataka
The primary objectives of the ePASS Karnataka program are as follows:
- Education Accessibility: ePASS Karnataka strives to ensure that every deserving student in Karnataka has access to quality education, regardless of their financial background.
- Financial Assistance: By providing financial support, the scholarship program helps students manage various educational expenses, including tuition fees, textbooks, and living costs.
- Merit Recognition: ePASS Karnataka acknowledges and rewards academic excellence, motivating students to excel in their educational pursuits.
- Inclusivity: The program is designed to cater to the unique needs of various social and economic groups, ensuring that no eligible student is left behind.
Check: Digital Gujarat Scholarship
Types of ePASS Karnataka Scholarships
The ePASS Karnataka program encompasses various scholarship schemes, including:
- Post-Matric Scholarship: This scheme supports students pursuing post-matric education, covering a wide range of courses and disciplines.
- Pre-Matric Scholarship: Aimed at students studying in classes 1st to 10th, this scholarship aims to reduce the dropout rate and promote primary education.
- Vidyasiri Scholarship: Designed for students pursuing professional courses at the post-matric level, such as engineering, medicine, and management.
- Food and Accommodation Scholarships: Scholarships are provided to cover the cost of food and accommodation for students in hostels.
ePASS Karnataka – Scholarship Eligibility & Awards
If a student is a permanent resident of Karnataka state and belong to the Backward Classes, they are eligible to apply for the scholarship schemes available on ePASS Karnataka portal. Furthermore, refer to the table for detailed information about each scholarship scheme.
Post-Matric Scholarship (PMS)
- Students studying at post-matriculation level of education
- Annual family income should be less than INR 1.50 Lakhs (for Category 1) and INR 2 Lakhs (for 2A, 3A and 3B categories)
Scholarship up to INR 3,500 per annum
Food & Accommodation Scholarship (FAAS)
- Students studying at post-matric level in Government/ Government-aided/ housing colleges
- Annual family income should be less than INR 2.50 Lakhs (for category 1) and INR 5 Lakhs (for 2A, 3A and 3B categories)
INR 1,500 per month for 10 months
Fee Concession (FC) Scheme
- Students pursuing post-graduate courses can apply
- Annual family income should be below INR 1 Lakh (for category 1) and INR 2.50 Lakhs (for 2A, 3A and 3B categories)
Training Fee, Laboratory Fee, Sports Fee, and Readers Charge up to INR 1,750 per annum
Recommended: You might also be Interesting
|NSP Scholarship 2024||Up Scholarship 2024|
|Mahadbt Scholarship 2024||Aktu Scholarship 2024|
ePASS Karnataka – Application Process
The procedure to apply for each scholarship on the portal is simple and easy. The students qualifying the eligibility criteria for any of the scholarship can apply online through the steps mentioned below. Depending on the application timeline for each scholarship, the application page remains open for a specified timeline only.
- Visit the official website of KARePASS
- Look-up for the scholarship notification and check application guidelines thoroughly
- Applicant must register their name on the portal
- Fill in all required details in the application form and upload all supporting documents
- Submit the application form
ePASS Karnataka – Contact Details
In case, you come across any queries related to the scholarship or its application, feel free to contact the provider at below-mentioned address –
Karnataka Backward Classes Welfare Department
No. 16/D, 3rd Floor, Devraj Urs Bhavan,
Millers Tank Bed Road, Vasanth Nagar,
Bangalore – 560052.
ePASS Karnataka – FAQs
How can a student get ePASS Karnataka scholarship?
The students who find themselves eligible for any scholarship available on ePASS Karnataka can apply for it online only. Once the application is live, the students will be able to access the scholarship application online through ePASS portal.
What is ePASS scholarship?
ePASS Karnataka scholarships are the scholarships offered by the Department of Backward Classes Welfare for the students who are domiciled in Karnataka. This is a broad term that combines various scholarship schemes namely, Post-Matric Scholarship (PMS), Fee Concession (FC) Scheme and Food & Accommodation Scholarship (FAAS).
Who can apply for ePASS Karnataka scholarship?
Each scholarship scheme comes with a different set of eligibility conditions to be fulfilled. However, the key condition that a student must fulfil for any ePASS Karnataka scholarship is that the students must be the domicile of Karnataka.
How can a student check the status of Vidyasiri scholarship?
In order to check the status of Vidyasiri scholarship application, the students need to visit the official website of ePASS Karnataka and click on the ‘Application Status’ tab under the ‘Student Services’ section.
What are the benefits covered under Fee Concession scheme?
Under the fee concession scheme available at ePASS Karnataka, the selected students will receive Training Fee, Laboratory Fee, Sports Fee, and Readers Charge up to INR 1,750 per annum.